Destination XL (DXL) Group wanted to help its customers - big and tall men who are poorly served by most retailers - see clothes shopping as a pleasure, not a chore. Boosting customer service levels was key and DXL needed a sales performance management platform to support their efforts.
Case Study Snapshot
Solution: Incentive Compensation
- Increased units sold per transaction which has a direct correlation to driving top-line sales
- Reliable, auditable solution simplifies compliance and cuts HR and payroll workload
- Greater visibility and accuracy to incentive pay, thereby boosting sales associates’
Alan Teixeira, Vice President Human Resources, Compensation & Benefits, comments: “We used to use spreadsheets to calculate sales associates’ compensation, but our transition to the Destination XL brand meant we needed a far more sophisticated approach. We wanted to look more closely at our 1,800 sales associates’ compensation, going beyond the transaction level and looking at the combinations of items sold on a single sales ticket.”
Varicent Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) removes friction from the compensation process, accelerates the ability to make plan changes and adopt new strategies, and enables new insights to outdo previous performance.
Using Varicent Sales Performance Management to develop a sophisticated, cloud-based compensation modeling solution, DXL motivated their sales associates to spend more time helping customers choose apparel that fit customers' looks and lifestyle, not just their body shape.
• Increased units sold per transaction which has a direct correlation to driving top-line sales
• Reliable, auditable solution simplifies compliance and cuts HR and payroll workload
• Greater visibility and accuracy to incentive pay, thereby boosting sales associates’
Headquartered in Canton, MA, Destination XL (DXL) Men’s Apparel proudly offers the most extensive assortments of XL menswear and shoes around. From value-priced labels to high-end designer brands, the company caters to an extensive audience of big and tall sizes, plus shoes in extended sizes and widths. DXL has over 200 store locations, complete with in-house style experts, expert tailoring, and online shop. DXL is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol, “DXLG” and operates through five trade names: DXL, Rochester Clothing, Casual Male XL, Shoes XL, and Living XL.