Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent's documentation team is looking for a Technical Writer to help our customers be successful when using our products and features. And as one of Canada’s fastest-growing tech companies, we are delivering new features rapidly. If you have the skills to deliver high-quality documentation to our users, we want to hear from you!
As a Technical Writer, you’ll be in charge of writing, editing, and publishing online help content for our customers, business partners, and internal teams. You’ll work closely within our talented product teams to help develop and deliver great product experiences from start to finish. Whether that’s helping craft delightful UX copy or publishing excellent product documentation, your contributions are essential to our success.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Two (2) to 5 years of experience writing product documentation, UX copy, or other multi-media help content.
- A strong portfolio of work that shows off your technical writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating to find new ways to stay efficient.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to conduct research, interview subject matter experts, and perform other knowledge-gathering tasks.
- A working knowledge of, or hands-on experience with, any of these would be a plus:
- Markup languages.
- Video editing tools.
- Web development technologies.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the documentation lifecycle for our products and features.
- Interpret complex experiences into plain, straight-forward steps that users of all skill levels can understand
- Assist in the recommendation and execution of technologies related to more effective content delivery and communication.
- Ensure content adheres to a consistent style, tone, and approach by following our guidelines.
- Thoughtfully consider the best way to enhance your written work with multi-media content.
- Manage your time while balancing work across multiple product teams with different deadlines.
- Practice empathy for users in everything you do.