Varicent E.D.G.E. Scholarship Program
The Varicent E.D.G.E. Scholarship Program fosters more opportunities for diversity, equity, and inclusion within the technology sector.
About Varicent E.D.G.E. Scholarship
Created in 2021, the E.D.G.E. Scholarship Program (which stands for Equity, Diversity, Growth, Empowerment) was created to generate more opportunities for diversity, equity, and inclusion within the technology sector for historically underrepresented people, specifically women and people of color, with an emphasis on the Black and Latinx communities.
The E.D.G.E. Scholarship Program is one of the investments under our corporate social responsibility. Varicent is determined to apply science and technology to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges, to create diverse and meaningful change in the workforce.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be high school seniors/students in their final year of upper secondary school or graduates or current college undergraduates (including CEGEP students) located in the U.S. or Canada
- Plan to pursue a STEM or technology-related major including but not limited to: Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Technology, and Mathematics.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, CEGEP or university or vocational-technical school (or equivalent) for the entire upcoming academic year.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
If selected as a recipient, you will receive a $5,000 USD award. Awards are renewable up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned.
Thank you to our partners who supported the 2021 scholarship program.
With your help, we were able to provide 25 awards this year.
2021 Scholarship Partner Sponsors
Interested in sponsoring the Varicent E.D.G.E. 2022 Scholarship Program?
2021 Varicent E.D.G.E. Scholarship Recipients
We are proud to announce this year’s E.D.G.E. Scholarship recipients. Each winner is pursuing a STEM-related education in the upcoming academic year and possesses promising potential within the technology sector. Congratulations to our recipients!
Alejandro Gonzalez Gutierrez
Kelly Bonilla Guzmán
Creating STEM College Opportunities for Young Women
Discover the barriers women face entering a STEM-related career, solutions to overcome these barriers and how you can help more women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics.)
Don't miss the 2022 E.D.G.E. Scholarship!
For more information on the Varicent E.D.G.E Scholarship Program and 2022 applications, be sure to register below.