Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Technical Consultant - North America
This role is located in North America.
Varicent was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent delivers the only complete Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state-of-the-art SaaS technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Technical Consultant with English, French and / or Spanish language skills to join our Professional Services team located in Canada or the United States.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs. As a Technical Consultant, you will help setup projects for success by creating solutions for complex requirements in automation, integration, workflow and performance.
However, due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
Benefits and perks:
- Very competitive salary
- Variable Incentive Plan
- Bright, modern office environment and/or flexible work from home options
- Relaxed, welcoming, and supportive team - working together for your success
- Extremely high performing, results-driven, team-based environment
- Social and team-building events
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Varicent is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more information about Varicent, please visit our website at www.varicent.com
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related business discipline
- Strong technical skills in writing and understanding code
- Experience in Query Based Languages and Relational Databases (SQL server or similar)
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A willingness to travel as needed
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
- Multilingual skills are a plus (Spanish, French, Japanese)
- Practical hands-on experience with the following languages and front-end technologies:
- RESTful APIs and JSON structures
- jQuery and Bootstrap frameworks
- Django and/or NodeJS a plus
What you’ll do
- Think outside the box to create solutions both inside and outside of the product
- Develop front-end UIs to streamline customer data entry, workflow, and visual presentation
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Write Python scripts to automate integration between Varicent and other systems
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (Up to 30%)