Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion dollar market. Work with us, learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry.
Symon is a newly acquired company made up of Varicent veterans. Symon enables organizations to harness the power of machine learning, providing a full suite of data connectors and data transformation tools. Symon also provides pre-built solutions that harness the power of machine learning to generate explainable insights to business problems.
As a Software Developer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. You would be working on the services powering Symon: a REST API and machine learning pipeline written in Typescript and Python, respectively.
We are currently working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
Our office building has direct underground access to the Sheppard-Yonge subway station along with easy access to Highway 401 making it appeal to commuters from all over the GTA.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- At least 4 years experience working as a software developer
- Experience with cloud platforms and their various services (we use AWS, but any experience is fine)
- Experience working with micro-services, distributed applications, or something similar
- The ability to hit the ground running and provide immediate impact with minimal oversight
- A track record of being able to learn new technologies and systems
What you’ll do
- Build new features for the REST API on top of a modern tech stack using node.js, written in Typescript, and deployed on AWS using the Serverless framework.
- Develop new features for our machine learning pipeline using Python on Spark and standard Python data science libraries.
- Work with our designers, UI team, and QA team to resolve bugs and create new features.
- Utilize and adopt open source technology.
- Work with talented, knowledge-driven individuals and share your ideas to improve the product with the team. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other’s experiences.