Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Intermediate Software Engineer (Frontend)
This role is located in Kitchener/Waterloo, ON, Canada
Varicent is the leader in the multi-billion-dollar Sales Performance Management market. Our software helps high-performing organizations analyze, plan, design, and automate variable pay to motivate and reward their employees quickly, fairly, and accurately.
We offer competitive pay and fantastic benefits at Varicent. When it comes to office perks, the global pandemic has changed a lot. But we’re adapting and finding new ways to build a strong and inclusive culture while everyone is remote. We host weekly online events like Wellness Wednesdays and Fun Fridays with games, entertainment, and more. It’s a chance for everyone to come together and meet the different faces across the Varicent family.
Technologies we use and teach
- React — We’re on v16 and are enjoying using the latest tech like hooks.
- GraphQL & ApolloClient – how we build APIs with the backend team.
- VictoryChart — a beautiful charting library
- Figma — design collaboration
- Azure & AWS — our cloud environments
Our team is based out of Kitchener/Waterloo, but will be working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- A passion for delighting people with software
- Endless curiosity
- Intuition for UX and design
- Demonstrated leadership & initiative on previous projects
- A knack for tinkering with complex systems to understand how they work
- Enjoy working with customers to understand their problems
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and building robust React applications
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
What you’ll do
- You'll be working on FunnelCake, our platform for Revenue Operations
- Reporting to the Director of Development
- You’ll focus on crafting tools and reporting that people depend on every day to understand how to turn sales leads into revenue
- Business software is supposed to be both beautiful and easy to use. As a key member of the FunnelCake Frontend team you’ll have a high impact on both