Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Senior Software Developer
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our ICM Team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to assist in working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of [working on the Varicent application: a single-page web application utilizing React and Redux frameworks that connects to a REST API written in C#.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with large scale React and Redux applications
- Proven experience with REST APIs and single-page web application development
- Experience with SQL and distributed databases
- Preferred Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
What you’ll do
- Work on new features targeted to increase market share, support existing clients to help make them successful and continuously refine the existing platform to meet modern design methodologies.
- Work with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other’s experiences.
- Focus on client success through creative problem-solving.
- Utilize and adopt open source technology where appropriate.
- Opportunity to rotate in and out of Cloud Operations, gaining exposure to that skillset