Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Intermediate Software Engineer (Backend)
This role is located in Kitchener/Waterloo, ON, Canada
Varicent is the leader in the multi-billion-dollar Sales Performance Management market. Our software helps high-performing organizations analyze, plan, design, and automate variable pay to motivate and reward their employees quickly, fairly, and accurately.
We offer competitive pay and fantastic benefits at Varicent. When it comes to office perks, the global pandemic has changed a lot. But we’re adapting and finding new ways to build a strong and inclusive culture while everyone is remote. We host weekly online events like Wellness Wednesdays and Fun Fridays with games, entertainment, and more. It’s a chance for everyone to come together and meet the different faces across the Varicent family.
Technologies we use and teach
- Ruby on Rails — We use the latest versions of Ruby and Rails
- REST / GraphQL – the APIs we build for the Frontend team
- Sql Server – our Backend data store
- Redis – super fast caching layer
- Azure & AWS — our cloud environments
Our team is based out of Kitchener/Waterloo, but will be working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- A passion for delighting people with software
- Endless curiosity
- Passion for building secure and scalable solutions
- Demonstrated leadership & initiative on previous projects
- Hands-on experience optimizing data queries
- Practicalexperience with test-driven development, continuous delivery and continuous integration
- 2+ years’ experience designing and building Ruby on Rails applications in a SaaS/Cloud environment
- 3+ years’ experience in Azure Sql Server
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
What you’ll do
- You'll be working on FunnelCake, our platform for Revenue Operations
- People depend on FunnelCake every day to understand how to turn sales leads into revenue and you’ll build the secure, scalable and performant systems that power it
- Reporting to the Director of Development
- You’ll be a key member of the FunnelCake Backend team working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals