Fair and competitive compensation is vital to attracting and retaining great employees, especially in sales. So, it’s not surprising that 65.3 percent of organizations say that changing their approach to compensation is important over the next 12-18 months. Sales commissions are essential to motivating and incentivizing your sales teams, irrespective of the industry in which you operate.
How Do Employers Pay Employees in Sales?
What Are Sales Commissions?
Understanding Sales Commission Structures
What Kind of Jobs Work Under a Commission Structure?
Sales Commissions: Average Rates by Industry
- Wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives: $61,660
- Insurance sales agents: $50,600
- Advertising sales agents: $51,740
- Real estate brokers and sales agents: $50,300
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents: $64,120
- Door-to-door sales workers, news and street vendors, and related workers: $26,430
- Sales and related workers, all other: $33,220