Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Business Consultant - Canada-Japanese
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada or Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Varicent Software was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent Software delivers the only complete sales performance management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state of the art SaaS Technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On-Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Business Consultant with Japanese language skills to join our Professional Services team located in Toronto or Vancouver, Canada.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related business discipline
- Experience implementing or Technical Selling Enterprise Applications, preference is given to experience in Sales Compensation
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Prior experience with Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and Japanese
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel and work between Canada and Japan
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
What you’ll do
- Become an expert in designing, building, maintaining, and extending data models in Varicent
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate in order to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Design and build flexible and scalable compensation models using established proven practices
- Create elegant and accurate reports, workflows, and dashboards in Varicent
- Work with customers to develop overall testing plans, test cases and scripts
- Enable your customers to effectively use and maintain their Varicent solution
- Develop Extract/Transform/Load processes for data preparation
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as able based on COVID-19 accessibility