Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Senior Software Architect - Role Description
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
Varicent is the industry-leading sales performance management solution recognized by Gartner as a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management.
Founded in 2005 and having pioneered sales performance management, Varicent was named the fastest growing software company in North America by Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business in January 2020. We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization.
Our Software Development Team is looking for a Senior Software Architect to assist in planning and implementation of major projects in the application. We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of software development, cloud architecture, and delivery of large projects.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
You bring to Varicent
- Ability to deliver large projects successfully while leading a team
- Experience working with QA resources to help set direction and priorities
- Solid understanding of software and cloud architecture
- Strong communication skills with a willingness to convey ideas and ability to work in a collaborative environment
What you’ll do
- Working on new software architecture projects designed to optimize cost and performance
- Collaborating with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other’s experiences
- Focusing on client success through creative problem-solving
- Using and adopting open source technology where appropriate
- Implementation as well as planning