Junior Software Tester
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
As a Junior Software Tester, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers, developers, designers, and business professionals. As part of an agile team, you will be responsible for helping us to deliver great customer experiences. Your excellent communication skills and willingness to learn new things as part of an awesome team will help you be successful in this role. Work with us and learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 6 months to 2 years of Software Testing experience· Good understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Programming in Python or Java with the willingness and ability to learn new languages as needed
- Aptitude in IT with an interest in expanding your IT skills
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with web service technologies (REST)
- Strong communication skills with a willingness to convey ideas and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, engineering, or similar)
What you’ll do
- Performing all aspects of verification, including functional testing and regression testing
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to gain understanding and influence business requirements to ensure excellent quality
- Being the voice of quality, raising issues when needed, and highlighting risks.
- Delivering timely estimates of testing tasks and scope work
- Ensuring a great customer experience
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.