Accounts Payable Specialist
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
As a member of the Finance team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will contribute through preparing various accounts payable, data entry, and reconciling duties. Key responsibilities include setting up new vendors, entering invoices, making vendor payments, reviewing and approving employee expense reports, and reconciling the Accounts Payable sub-ledger accounts. You will perform accounts payable functions with great attention to detail. You are organized and motivated with strong communication and computer skills.
You bring to Varicent
- 3+ years of demonstrated Accounts Payable experience
- College diploma, preferably in accounting or business administration
- Proven problem solving, organization, documentation, research and resolution skills
- Proficient in ERP (QuickBooks), Travel & Expense software (Concur), Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a rapidly changing environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Foreign exchange experience is plus
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work with large cross functional teams
What you’ll do
- Full cycle invoice processing in multiple entities including coding & entry, matching to purchase orders, approvals, and payment batch generation
- Review and approve employee expense reports in accordance with company and country specific policies
- Provide excellent customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to accounts payable inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Reconcile accounts payable and related balance sheet accounts
- Assist in month end closing including monthly accruals
- Assist with special projects as needed
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.