Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time.
Our Digital Marketing Team is looking for a Web Developerto assist in the development, testing, launch and maintenance of our digital properties. We’re looking for someone who is highly skilled at analysing user needs to create a superior web experience, has an understanding of the role web properties play in conversions and lead generation, and has deep technical expertise in designing simple website layouts to complex interactive website features, while implementing SEO best practices and ensuring compliance with AODA web standards.
We are currently working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
You bring to Varicent
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning and developing websites in an Agile environment using a Scrum framework or similar across multiple products and organizations
- Experience creating and consuming restful and SOAP-based API’s
- Strong experience and expertise in Software Design (MVC, MVP or Viper) and experience with writing automated UI and unit tests (BDD)
- Proficiency with content management systems, including WordPress or HubSpot
- Proficiency in tagging and events tracking using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience managing Linux-based web server
- Experience with eCommerce, including Shopify
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Experience with HubSpot CMS and Marketing tools
- Agency experience and/or experience working in SaaS application organizations
What you’ll do
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design, as well as cross-browser compatibility
- Create websites and user interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services
- Create and maintain workflows with teams to provide visibility and to ensure workload balance for consistent visual designs
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
- Meet regularly with business stakeholders and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements, and determine project scopes and specifications
- Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools, processes and documentation, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects
- Ensure software stability via regression, support quality assurance, and perform unit and user-acceptance testing or testautomationto identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by customers, develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing web properties
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions and scaling of each design
- Commit code to repository early and often, following GIT branching best practices