Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Technical Analyst - Bucharest, Romania
This role is located in Bucharest, Romania.
As a Technical Analyst you will have the opportunity to kick-start your career by working side-by-side with some of the most experienced technology leaders for both on-premise and SaaS products to support our customers/business partners and connect with them by telephone, email and social media e.g. connection sites, forums and other state of the art communication methods. You will also be exposed to a variety of technologies and take responsibility for the creation of a positive customer experience.
Technical Analysts are at the center of our after sales value proposition to our clients and you will lead conversations and coordinate activities with experts and leaders across departments and divisions in Varicent.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Resolve complex technical problems in all areas of your assigned products by troubleshooting incidents, collecting detailed problem description, traces and log files, and then replication of the issue.
- Regularly inform customers on the progress of your investigation and ensure that all related records are properly updated in our CRM system.
- Cross collaboration with developers and peers will become part of your daily routines.
- Sharing best practices for the utilization and deployment of Varicent products is elementary to your customer communication and you will help customers maximize their product’s business value.
What you’ll do
- General software troubleshooting skills (broad experience in logical problem-solving)
- Familiar with relational databases concepts, both basic administration and SQL scripting
- Experience of self-sufficiency to install/upgrade/downgrade/configure software in general
- Ability to communicate clearly (both verbally and in written form) technical instructions to people with limited experience
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese an asset