Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Solution Architect – Bucharest, Romania
This role is located in Bucharest, Romania.
Varicent Software was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent Software delivers the only complete sales performance management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state of the art SaaS Technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On-Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect to join our Professional Services team located in Bucharest, Romania.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Benefits and perks:
- Very competitive salary
- Variable Incentive Plan
- Bright, modern office environment and/or flexible work from home options
- Relaxed, welcoming, and supportive team - working together for your success
- Extremely high performing, results-driven, team-based environment
Preferred candidate is located within a reasonable commuting distance of the Bucharest office.
However, due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Varicent is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more information about Varicent, please visit our website at www.varicent.com
You bring to Varicent
- Minimum 8 years project related experience with exposure to all phases of software development including: Analysis and Design, Implementation, Testing and Deployment specific to Incentive Compensation or Sales Performance Management solutions
- Experience implementing and integrating with anyone or more of the following: PeopleSoft, SAP, Baan, and Oracle.
- Preferred technical certification (RDBMs certification – Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Preferred Microsoft certification NT/other.
- Required technical skills; working knowledge of Unix and Varicent’s supported database platforms (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Tools: SQL, Microsoft Project; OS and environments: Windows (2000, 98, 95, NT…), Unix, MS-DOS., Web servers (tuxedo, iis, apache).
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science and/or related field.
- Experience architecting technical enterprise solutions.
- Understands Data Modeling concepts, methodologies, and processes
- Skilled in analyzing and documenting business requirements and corresponding solution specifications.
- Able to work with minimal direction.
- Understanding of, and experience with, application architecture (client/server, web, database).
- Experience writing database queries in SQL.
- Experience with database development of stored procedures, triggers, and view functions.
- Prior experience in building relational databases
- Able to complete calculations & reporting and to create complex formulas, macros and sophisticated formatting in Microsoft Excel
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- Solid understanding of financial reporting concepts
- Proven knowledge of and hands on experience with:
- SQL Server
- Data Warehousing
- Microsoft Analysis Services (MSAS/SSAS)
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
- Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Practical hands-on experience with the following languages and front-end technologies:
- Applix TM1
- Reporting Services
What you’ll do
- Provides local projects teams with an escalation point for issues / concerns / solutions.
- Ensure that projects are positioned for success.
- Establishes Architectural Solutions in connection with client requirements and the Global Technical Solutions Team
- Leads architectural scoping sessions with new clients focusing on data models and data impacts.
- Present solutions which are consistent with the architecture and the design of Varicent’s application.
- Optimize SQL queries to ensure efficient usage.
- Conducts technical assessment and discovery workshops, perform discovery technical reviews.
- Extract, transform and load data into both relational databases
- Audits quality of system design in terms of; adherence to existing functionality, integration of system components; usability and overall value to customer’s ROI.
- Identifies potential product and internal process enhancements.
- Works with the product management and development groups to review upcoming architectural changes or third-party integration.
- Work with the Professional Services Management team by providing ideas and strategies for improving tools and standards.
- Develop and maintain the skill sets of specific Varicent Partners so they may become further versed in the configuration and support of the Varicent application
- Monitor specific partner activities to ensure visible and measurable contributions are being made during the implementation
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Provide expertise to assist in the planning and execution of proposals and statements of work
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (25-80%)