Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – ICM
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
As a SDET, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers, developers, QA, designers, and business professionals. As part of an agile team, you will be responsible for our shift-left transformation strategy. Your excellent leading skills and architecture skills will help you be successful in this role. Work with us and learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience with 2+ years of professional experience in a SDET role
- Experience executing a strategy for team transformation into a shift-left culture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with unit testing API / RESTful services
- Experience with unit testing UI/UX
- Knowledge of common test framework, MSTest, cypress, Jest
- Knowledge of modern CI infrastructure
- Speak the developer language, support the Quality Assurance goals
- Passion for continuous learning and keeping up to date with testing trends
What you’ll do
- Leading the effort to create unit tests for our web-based application and integrate these assets into our CI/CD infrastructure
- Building the infrastructure to run automated tests as part of our continuous delivery cycle
- Developing a strategy to maintain and evaluate test assets by creating metrics for continuous improvement
- Becoming an expert in testing best practices and industry standards and actively coach developers and devOps to advance a strong shift-left culture