Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Senior Product Designer
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our Design Team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help align product teams, define and deliver new product offerings for the market. If you have the skills to deliver high-quality, user-centered designs quickly and iteratively in collaboration with product management and engineering, we'd love to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks:
- Supportive Design team culture and environment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 8+ years of experience working as a Product or UX/UI Designer
- A portfolio of work and experience shipping products
- Experience influencing the success of designers and product teams
- Ability to ideate products from scratch and improve existing experiences with a user-centred design process
- Understanding of platform patterns for responsive web and native mobile experiences
- Exceptional verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Passion for your craft
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed teams
What you’ll do
- Own multiple projects, run workshops and deliver outcomes that exceed our customer’s metrics for success
- Contribute to the craft, critical thinking, problem-solving and the overall success of our design and product teams
- Transform complex experiences into intuitive and accessible designs using user-validated processes
- Collaborate and mentor other designers, researchers, engineers and product managers
- Advocate deep user empathy through design thinking activities
- Share and revise your designs based on customer engagements and feedback
- Work with the design team to provide feedback on their work and ensure the team is creating a cohesive and consistent design system
- Think in terms of design systems to make rational design decisions
- Demonstrate intermediate/advanced skills with design, prototyping and collaboration tools (Figma, Miro, Photoshop, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and execution of the design team culture and product team playbook