Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Lead Software Test Engineer - ICM
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers, developers, QA, designers, and business professionals. As part of an agile team, you will be responsible for solving testing problems as they relate to project requirements, non-functional testing, UI automation and performance testing. Your excellent leading skills and automation skills will help you be successful in this role. Work with us and learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience with 2+ years of professional experience in a Lead Quality Assurance and Automation role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience performing non-functional tests such as Web Load (JMeter), Stress, Performance, Compatibility, Scalability
- Experience building test framework and infrastructure for functional UI/UX and REST API automation projects
- Expert at exploratory testing
- Expert in programming, scripting languages, automation tools and test frameworks
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to convey technical concepts to an audience of varying technical backgrounds
- Passion for improving products and processes
- Passion for continuous learning and keeping up to date with testing trends
What you’ll do
- Leading non-functional test projects for our cloud-based product which has Web and REST API components
- Leading test automation projects that include evaluating vendors for implementation, designing, developing new automated test assets, running in CI and defining a program to maintain and review these assets
- Collaborate with QA and development teams to determine if a scenario is best automated or executed manually
- Defining test measurements and metrics and applying to our ongoing test projects to estimate release and quality
- Performing analysis on testing processes and procedures and provide recommendation for improvements based on best practices and industry standards