Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Junior Software Tester
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our QA Team is looking for a talented Junior Software Tester who will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of cloud engineers, developers, designers, and business professionals. As part of an agile team, you will be responsible for helping us test and deliver great customer experiences for the Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) product. Your excellent communication skills and willingness to learn new things as part of an awesome team will help you be successful in this role.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 6 months to 2 years of Software Testing experience
- Good understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Aptitude in IT with an interest in expanding your IT skills
- Understanding of relational databases (SQL)
- Familiarity with web service technologies (REST)
- Strong communication skills with a willingness to convey ideas and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science, engineering, or similar)
What you’ll do
- Testing new features, logging defects, validating defect fixes.
- Performing all aspects of verification, including functional testing and regression testing.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to gain understanding and influence business requirements to ensure excellent quality.
- Being the voice of quality, raising issues when needed, and highlighting risks.
- Delivering timely estimates of testing tasks and scope work.
- Ensuring a great customer experience.