Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our growing Design Team is looking for a Design Manager, skilled in design operations, design foundations and people management. If you are an empathetic people manager and thought leader, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks:
- Opportunity to shape a new role in a fast-growing company and team
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a team of designers spanning the spectrum of design roles and core competencies
- Proven track record demonstrating thought leadership and guiding a team towards achieving common goals
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed teams
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
What you’ll do
- Manage and grow a team of designers, setting clear goals and expectations, and ensuring KPIs are to set for overall success
- Mature careers through dedicated mentorship, coaching and advice
- Foster a collaborative environment for great design and identify opportunities to improve how we work and the way we work
- Execute on a mixture of project management, design execution, people management, and design operations
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
- Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside teams with domain knowledge and design prowess