Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time.
Our Digital Marketing Team is looking for a Content Writer to assist in researching, developing and writing a variety of marketing and sales materials that span the buyer’s journey. Working with cross-functional teams, the Content Writer will be critical in telling the Varicent story to prospects and customers alike.
We are currently working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree/diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- 3+ years marketing writing experience, preferably within the technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a professional voice that is tuned to different audiences.
- Ability to conduct research and interviews to find the most compelling story
- Experience creating multiple content types, including interactive assets
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Appreciation for marketing messages and strategies
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills, with excellent communication skills and ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to work professionally with team members at varying levels of the organization, as well as external clients and partners
What you’ll do
- Create content such as client stories, blogs, emails, websites, paid media, social media, and other digital materials along with print collateral for white papers, videos, sales presentations, etc.
- Create and follow workflow procedures and work closely with team leaders, subject matter experts, managing editors, writers, producers, and designers to achieve a high level of quality in the end product
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather inputs to develop concepts and scripts
- Conduct interviews with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners
- Monitor KPI’s and use data to identify ways to optimize content to ensure maximum ROI
- Keep up with the latest trends in storytelling and content marketing and seize opportunities to test and learn to continuously improve content engagement and conversion