Director of Revenue
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Director of Revenue will oversee a team of 3 individuals to ensure best in class Invoice to Cash services on a global basis. Your key responsibilities will include oversight of timely and accurate invoicing, accounts receivable management and revenue recognition under US GAAP. You are highly organized, motivated, and have demonstrated the ability to problem solve and make sounds decisions. You are a relationship builder and are highly responsive in a fast-paced environment.
You bring to Varicent
- CPA, CA or CPA, CGA designation
- 3-5 years related experience
- Previous experience managing staff
- Knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 606
- Experience working in a multi-currency, global environment
- Strong excel skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external client relationships
What you’ll do
- Recognition of SaaS, On Premises and Professional Services revenue under US GAAP
- Implementation, rollout, and maintenance of ASC 606 standards
- Month, quarter, and year-end close processes including review of all accounts receivable and revenue-based reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Collaboration with Sales Op, Sales, Services, Account Management and Legal teams to provide recommendations on contract terms, client issues and resolutions and to ensure data quality and revenue recognition assurance
- Review of all non-standard client agreements and creation of memos documenting appropriate revenue recognition treatment as required
- Oversight of invoicing processes ensuring timely and accurate billings in accordance with company policy
- Oversight of accounts receivable collection process ensuring target DSO’s and cash collections are met
- Assessment of doubtful accounts provisions and recommendations for write-offs
- Implementation of billing software including process recommendations and rollout of internal controls
- Year end audit activities for Invoice to Cash process including preparation of audit memos, analysis and supporting documentation
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Assist with special projects as needed
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.