Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Customer Success Manager
This role is located in the United Kingdom.
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our Customer Success Team is looking for a Customer Success Manager to assist clients in the realization of value Varicent provides to exceed their business needs. We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of customer engagement for SaaS solutions.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- 2-5 years customer success or account management experience in a SaaS or software company.
- OR 5+ years implementing and/or managing SaaS applications
- OR 7-10 years of technical/professional experience
- You are passionate about the future of work, and positively impacting the working lives of people in large organizations
- You are a team-player who has a proven track record of excelling in fast-growing environments and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty.
- Experience implementing and supporting large scale technology solutions at Fortune 500 companies.
- You have a passion for building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders: C-Suite, senior executives, business owners, administrators, developers, and day-to-day users of software.
- Demonstrated track record of handling large enterprise accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Strong operational background with the proven ability to define and leverage business metrics to drive the customer journey. Track record of delivering results above expectations
- Experience working with, and managing, stakeholders and customers
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in French, German and/or Spanish
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
- Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce and a customer success tool like Gainsight with daily skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing renewals
- Proven account management/strategic planning experience
What you’ll do
- Serve as the main point of contact and liaison between clients and Varicent
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide input into every core product, marketing and sales process
- Lead renewals and expansion opportunities for their customers.
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of the platform with the aim of helping grow our customer base
- You will craft joint customer success plans that include agreed upon scope, shared metrics, user engagement, sophistication of usage, adoption plans, timelines, communication, and eliminates barriers to customer advocacy and expansion.
- Facilitate workshops with customers on best practices, including sponsorship, governance, operating model, adoption, internal champions network, platform maturity, and adoption techniques.
- Facilitate Executive Business Reviews with decision makers
- Contribute to the library of customer success assets, customer references, case studies
- Empower customers to connect their goals and challenges with the solution
- Build, own, and execute client success and engagement plans
- Partner with Consulting and Product teams on upsell, cross-sell, and expansion opportunities
- After receiving initial onboarding we expect you to have gained and maintain a deeper knowledge of Varicent products and services
- Self-sufficient management of a combination of mid to large enterprise accounts
- Actively ensure there is a roadmap in place for each of your accounts
- Timely execution of standard customer meetings and reviews for your defined accounts
- Achieve/exceed annual customer satisfaction targets and other defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage all aspects of the renewal cycle, executing renewals in a timely fashion and maintaining renewal rate target