Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Client Services Director
This role is located in Canada or United States.
Varicent is the industry-leading sales performance management solution recognized by Gartner as a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management.
Founded in 2005 and having pioneered sales performance management, Varicent was named the fastest growing software company in North America by Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business in January 2020. We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization.
Our Professional Services Team is looking for a Client director to assist in partnering with our Software License sellers to sell Varicent professional services to Varicent client’s. We’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of Incentive Compensation Management, Services Selling, and Software project implementations.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business, marketing, strategic planning, or related area preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years prior services sales and/or services sales support experience in a consulting organization , preferably in a software organization
- Technical and/or understanding of Incentive Compensation products and related services
- Prior experience in consulting or managing implementation projects
- Proven track record in consultative selling and negotiating
- Developed sales acumen
- Solid knowledge of implementation methodologies and approaches
- Strong technical aptitude to learn new software platforms and configuration estimating methodologies
- Independent work ethic, with result achieved through minimal direction
- Strong understanding of technical, cost and risk implications of potential solutions and demonstrated ability to incorporate these into overall proposed project strategies
- Demonstrated clear and open flow of communication/information to stakeholders
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with Territory Management process and products
- At least 4 years experience in End to End selling process
- At least 4 years experience in Consultative Sales
- At least 4 years experience in Customer Relationship Management, Sales Performance Management, Incentive Compensation Management, Business Analytics, Corporate Performance Management or similar
- At least 4 years experience in Structured Selling Methods or Sales Methodology
What you’ll do
- Meet or exceed assigned services contract signing targets and revenue quotas
- Gather information on the prospect’s business processes, SPM solution requirements, and critical success factors through a strategic and consultative sales approach to deliver value-added business solutions
- Prepare effort estimates and implementation plans, in conjunction with services delivery team, to deliver on our prospect’s requirements
- Prepare and present implementation proposals which communicate well detailed and thoughtful implementation approaches and multiple engagement scenarios that fit within prospect’s time, resource, and budget constraints
- Own contract execution process by authoring SOWs and participating in contract negotiations
- Contribute to sales collateral that communicates Varicent Global Services offerings, implementation approaches, and services methodologies
- Deliver sales presentations to communicate the Varicent Global Services offering
- Contribute to the refinement of estimating models and tools to produce accurate and competitive implementation proposals
- Facilitate client transition from the sales cycle to the services delivery organization
- Develop strong, ongoing relationships with clients, that translation into incremental revenue, by demonstrating Varicent’s high quality standards and genuine concern for client satisfaction
- Develop and foster relationships with implementation partners to enable their successful development of Varicent practices thus contributing to the scale of the overall organization
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors
- Continually remain informed on product roadmap and direction
- Contribute to activities to prepare for adoption of new releases