Recruitment Portal Privacy Notice
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- What Personal Data Varicent processes
If you choose to visit and/or apply for a position at Varicent, we may process the following information during the application and recruitment process:
- first name last name;
- email address;
- your IP address;
- phone number(s);
- information contained in a resume or cover letter such as employment history, education history, work experience;
- information about your primary country of residence and citizenship, and your eligibility to work in the country for which you have submitted an application;
- any references you provide for us to validate the information you’ve shared;
- depending on the country, criminal records information, observing the applicable laws and where an offer of employment has been made to you—please note you will receive more information about the nature of the pre-employment verification checks before they begin;
- if you visit our premises, security information such as pass card details and CCTV images;
- health information such as illness and accidents information, health, disability information. This type of Personal Data will only be processed where required for the relevant purposes; and
- any other information you provide to us.
We may obtain Personal Data from the sources listed below:
- directly from you, such as through your data input into our Portal, provision to our Human Resources (“HR”) representatives, the application process or via other forms or information you provide to us in connection with your job or work experience application; or
- from third parties, including recruiters and employment agencies, references from third parties, former employers, and other background screening checks subject to requirements of applicable law.
If you provide us with Personal Data about members of your family, dependants or beneficiaries or other individuals, it is your responsibility to inform them of their rights with respect to such information. By providing us Personal Data of other individuals you represent and warrant that you have obtained their explicit consent (unless you can provide such consent on their behalf) to our processing (including transfer) of their Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Varicent’s purposes for processing Personal Data
In response to your application or your interest about job or work experience positions, your information will be used by Varicent as necessary to:
- Enable you to apply for positions at Varicent and access the Portal;
- Help determine what jurisdiction you are accessing the Portal from in order for us to process your data accordingly;
- Verify your information and conduct relevant and appropriate legally permitted pre-employment and eligibility verification checks, as well as to assess your skills, qualifications and experience;
- Comply with local, national or international laws, obligations and legal requirements, including public health obligations;
- Communicate with you about new jobs and careers opportunities and the recruitment process including any interviews;
- Process your application and complete the selection process; and
- Perform analysis of our applicant pool in order to better understand who is applying to positions at Varicent and how to attract top talent.
By submitting your application, you authorize Varicent to use, access, and store your Personal Data whilst your application is assessed and thereafter as outlined below.
- Varicent’s legal grounds for processing Personal Data
Varicent will collect only the Personal Data necessary to fulfill your request. Where additional, optional data is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection. Privacy laws allow us to process Personal Data so long as we have a ground under the law to do so. As a result, when we process your personal information, we will rely on one of the following processing conditions:
- Performance of a contract: when processing of Personal Data is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract—this includes the need to take pre-contractual steps;
- Legal obligation: when we are required to process your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes;
- Legitimate interests: we will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business, so long as it does not outweigh your fundamental interests; or
- Your consent: in some cases, we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your Personal Data, and we will only process your Personal Data in this way if you agree to it.
Varicent Canada OpCo Ltd. is the principal controller of your Personal Data and is responsible for its processing. The specific Varicent entity who will contract with you may be a joint controller and will vary depending on your jurisdiction—if you have specific questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact the applicable HR representative assisting you with your application or by contacting us as outlined below. Varicent office locations can be found at www.varicent.com.
- Personal Data retention
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Varicent, Personal Data collected during your pre-employment period may become part of your Varicent personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with Varicent (specific periods vary by country).
If Varicent does not offer you a position, Varicent will retain your Personal Data according to its internal retention policy after which your Personal Data will be erased from our recruitment tools and systems. Varicent will not retain Personal Data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
- Who Varicent shares Personal Data with and why
Your information will be accessed only by Varicent recruiters, managers, and associated technical, advisory and HR support staff, as relevant and necessary for the purposes outlined herein. To achieve such purposes Varicent in some cases shares your Personal Data with third parties if legally required or allowed. Depending on the geography, these third parties may be suppliers of HR information systems, occupational health and safety management services systems, or background check services.
Your data will be stored and accessed principally in Canada and the United States. We may also transfer your Personal Data to Romania, Australia, the United Kingdom, Latin America and other jurisdictions if your prospective management line is located in such countries. Our suppliers may also transfer your Personal Data to other jurisdictions as reasonably necessary to perform the services which we have contracted them for. In some cases, we authorize the transfer of Personal Data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom and Switzerland to certain countries which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including data protection agreements based on European Standard Contractual Clauses, to help ensure the preservation of your rights and protections.
Please note your information may be accessed by government officials in jurisdictions where legal reporting requirements may exist, or where law enforcement agencies or private litigants are entitled to such information in response to valid law enforcement processes (such as warrants, subpoenas, or court orders).
- Your rights
Under certain circumstances and depending on the province, state or country you are located in, by law you may the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data under our custody or control;
- Have your Personal Data be accurate, complete and up to date, as necessary for the applicable purposes;
- Have your Personal Data amended (by the correction, deletion, or addition of information) when you have successfully demonstrated the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- Withdraw or vary your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice;
- Have any Personal Data collected otherwise than according to the law deleted; or
- Know where your Personal Data is held.
You may access and correct Personal Data you have submitted regarding your application online by logging into the Portal or by contacting us as outlined below if your Personal Data was not submitted through the Portal. Please be aware that depending on the circumstances, if you request us to delete or otherwise stop processing your Personal Data, we may not be able to proceed with your application.
- Declaration and confirmation:
By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using the Portal, you declare and confirm that the information you provide as part of the application process is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact. You must promptly update any information you have provided as and when there are changes. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating our website.
Last updated: October 4, 2021.