Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent delivers the only complete Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state-of-the-art SaaS technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect with a proficiency in spoken and written Spanish to join our Professional Services team located in Toronto, Canada.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs. As a Solution Architect, you will be a product expert with deep knowledge of both the front end and back end. You will help setup projects for success through technical oversight and creating solutions for complex requirements in automation, integration, workflow and performance.
Preferred candidate is located within a reasonable commuting distance of the Toronto office.
However, due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related business discipline
- Experience implementing Enterprise Applications
- Strong technical skills in writing and understanding code
- Experience with hardware sizing and server configurations
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Strong skills in Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A willingness to travel as needed
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
- Multilingual skills are a plus (Spanish, French, Japanese)
- Practical hands-on experience with the following languages and front-end technologies:
- Tomcat, Apache Server or similar web servers
- RESTful APIs and JSON structures
- Single Sign On
- MS Access / Excel
What you’ll do
- Become an expert in designing and ensuring scalable enterprise implementations in Varicent
- Analyze existing Varicent models and suggest ways to streamline or optimize the deployment
- Think outside the box to create solutions both inside and outside of the product
- Work with customers to develop overall testing plans, test cases and scripts
- Enable customers to leverage product APIs to meet their integration needs
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate in order to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Develop Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes for data preparation
- Write Python scripts to automate and integrate Varicent and other systems
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (Up to 20%)