Project Manager - Surrey, UK
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Woking, Surrey, UK
Varicent Software was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent Software delivers the only complete sales performance management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state of the art SaaS Technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On-Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager withFrench and / or Spanish language skills to join our Professional Services team located in Woking, Surrey, UK.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Preferred candidate is located within a reasonable commuting distance of the UK office.
However, due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
You bring to Varicent
- 5 to 7 years managing complex Enterprise Projects / Programs
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related business discipline
- Member of PMI and/or PMP certified.
- Experience implementing Enterprise Applications
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Excellent project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and resource management skills.
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Solid comprehension of databases, web applications and networking environments
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
- Proven knowledge of and/or hands on experience with:
- Relational Databases
- Extract, Transform & Load (ETL)
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership and management of project resources including Varicent, client and partner resources.
- Acts as the front-line contact with client representatives on all project-related issues.
- Builds and maintains a strong reference-able customer relationship with the customer's management and project teams.
- Manages the overall software implementation lifecycle of a project ensuring compliance with existing and future implementation standards.
- Prepares project scope and develops project plans, defines resource loading, skill requirements, milestones, and metrics per Varicent’s standard methods and practices.
- Become a product expert, able to implement the Varicent Solution with the larger project team.
- Monitors and documents project status; anticipates problems and resolves them or escalates them to appropriate level of management for resolution.
- Assist with managing the project budget including managing of forecasts against actuals, travel and expenses and collection of receivables.
- Provides direction for deployment and change management activities.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly project billing report for finance.
- Cultivates and maintains Works collaboratively with other internal departments (i.e. R&D, Customer Support, Training, etc.) to properly leverage resources to address customer needs.
- Provides leadership in developing skills and breadth of knowledge of project team members.
- Acts as a mentor to team members and provides constructive feedback on their performance during the performance evaluation periods.
- Properly leverages Senior and Principle Consultants to take ownership of specific accountabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new application functionality – strive to be a Product expert
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (25-80%)
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.