Junior Software Developer
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. You would be working on the Varicent application: a single-page web application utilizing React and Redux frameworks that connects to a REST API written in C#.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position
You bring to Varicent
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with large scale React and Redux applications
- Proven experience with REST APIs and single-page web application development
- Experience with SQL and distributed databases· Preferred Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
What you’ll do
- Work on new features targeted to increase market share, support existing clients to help make them successful and continuously refine the existing platform to meet modern design methodologies
- Work with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other’s experiences
- Focus on client success through creative problem-solving
- Utilize and adopt open source technology where appropriate
- As a junior web developer, you can expect to have ownership on the component you work on. You will be exposed to new opportunities and can make an impact
- Opportunity to rotate in and out of Cloud Operations, gaining exposure to that skillset
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.