eLearning Specialist – Professional Services
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
We are currently recruiting for an eLearning Specialist to join our Professional Services team on a 1 year contract.
As an eLearning Specialist in our Professional Services Team, you will work with multiple business units to provide an extensive curriculum that educates our customers, business partners, and internal employees on the use and value of the Varicent product suite. As an eLearning Specialist, your key responsibility is to work with subject matter experts to facilitate the design, development, testing, and release of quality course materials.
After your interviews and general onboarding, Varicent will schedule you to participate in our internal training program, aligning you to the software, position and general goals / personnel of the organization. Once training is complete, you will work with Varicent subject matter experts to create quality eLearning offerings.
Initial Outcomes of your role
- You will create multiple eLearning units, ranging in duration from 30 minutes to 4 hours, that teach clients and internal employees how to use our software
- You will become an integral member of a growing organization creating training for a vast array of growing customers both domestically and internationally
- You will build lasting relationships with your colleagues driven toward a common goal of “Customer First"
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Education, Graphic Design, or other relevant discipline
- Certificate or Diploma in Adult Education
- 6 or more years experience in an eLearning curriculum developer role, with extensiveexperience using e-Learning authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate) and LMS’s
- Experience creating digital learning offerings which teach students to use enterprise software
- Superior written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal ability to liaise with stakeholders of various job role, skill, andexperience levels
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory, practices, and emerging instructionaltechnologies
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn new software products
- Demonstrated strength in creating robust technical eLearning
- Ability to translate technical jargon into language that the non-technical student can understand
- Ability to apply visual design skills to create engaging and interactive online learningexperiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with ever changing demands
What you’ll do
- Assist in innovating design considerations and implementing those to enhance student experiences
- Provide expertise to assist in the planning and creation of training offerings
- Design and develop robust curriculum using instructional design principles and adult learningprinciples, focusing mainly on eLearning offerings
- Operate at all levels of the training cycle, from Training Needs Analysis to Post Delivery Measurement
- Mentor Education team members regarding eLearning development tools (e.g., Camtasia, Captivate), and eLearning development processes and best practices
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing eLearning styles and standards
- Manage the curriculum release process and ensure materials are properly finalized and postedto appropriate systems
- Attend regularly scheduled Offering Management meetings to stay abreast of upcoming releaseschedule and features
Be part of our journey
Learn about the benefits our employees enjoy everyday.
Relaxed, but Hard Working Team
We have flexible working hours, a dynamic atmosphere, team events, and more.
Modern Work Environment
Work in an open, bright, collaborative space.
Keep your energy up and your brain fueled!
Gym on Premises
Varicent values the health and wellness of its employees.
Quick and easy access from Sheppard-Yonge station.
Varicent offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.