Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Cloud Operations Engineer - Bucharest, Romania - Role Description
This role is located in Bucharest, Romania
Varicent is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. Varicent, an established incumbent continues to capture market share in this fast growing, multi-billion-dollar market. Work with us and have your ideas be heard! We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization. Varicent enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that services are running smoothly, are highly available and cost-effective. You will be responsible for monitoring and fixing production problems with zero or minimal impact to the business.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Exposure to modern SaaS application architecture
- Good knowledge of OS Administration (Linux & Windows)
- Good knowledge of networking principles and experience with firewalls, load balancers, hardware configurations, and DB servers
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
- Understanding of CI/CD, Container technology and Microservices (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting ability in Powershell/BASH/Python
What you’ll do
- Carry out pro-active maintenance of supported customer environments
- Ensure that internal tooling, process and procedures are regularly maintained and provide input into improvement plans and roadmaps
- Manage application infrastructures in several geographically dispersed data centers
- Be responsible for application deployments, monitoring, and overall service availability
- Provide input on scalability, capacity planning and high availability concerns