Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto, ON, Canada
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time.
Our Digital Marketing Team is looking for a Video Producer/Editor to assist in managing all aspects of a video project, from concept to final delivery. Working cross-functional teams, the Video Producer/Editor will be critical in telling the Varicent story to prospects and customers alike.
We are currently working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree/diploma in Television Production, Digital Media Production, Multimedia or Film Production (or equivalent combination of education and work experience)
- Minimum three years’ experience in video shooting and production
- Minimum three years’ experience in editing a variety of video content, including short-format material, especially web-based media, including but not limited to YouTube branded video, company case studies, product demos, sizzle reels, online ads
- Expert knowledge of camera equipment and techniques
- Expert knowledge of lighting techniques and camera compositions
- Proficiency in video editing, motion graphics, sound design, colour grading, video formats and compression codecs
- Expert knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition) and Mac OS
- Understanding of storytelling style as related to timing and pacing
- Creative talent in conceptualizing engaging visual and textual content
- Appreciation for marketing messages and strategies
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills, with excellent communication skills and ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to work professionally with team members at varying levels of the organization, as well as external clients and partners
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage and deliver all video projects with a keen understanding of purpose, messaging and channels
- Assess video production needs and proactively identify ways in which video can be leveraged to drive action and impact broader marketing initiatives
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather inputs to develop concepts and scripts
- Source sound, imagery and content that will effectively reach audiences across various content platforms, including but not limited to: website, social platforms, advertising platforms
- Conduct interviews with internal stakeholders and external customers and partners, leveraging creative ways to feature virtual environments and circumstances
- Monitor video KPI’s and use data to identify ways to optimize video content to ensure maximum ROI
- Keep up with the latest trends in storytelling, video production, social media and seize opportunities to test and learn to continuously improve video viewing, engagement and conversion