Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
This role is located in Toronto or Halifax, Canada
Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte’s Fast 50TM in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Will be working 100% from home until further notice due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our Professional Services Team is looking for a Technical Consultant located in Halifax or Toronto, Canada. In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs. As a Technical Consultant, you will help setup projects for success by creating solutions for complex requirements in automation, integration, workflow and performance.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related business discipline
- Strong technical skills in writing and understanding code
- Experience in Query Based Languages and Relational Databases (SQL server or similar)
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A willingness to travel as needed
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
- Multilingual skills are a plus (Spanish, French, Japanese)
- Practical hands-on experience with the following languages and front-end technologies:
- RESTful APIs and JSON structures
- jQuery and Bootstrap frameworks
- Django and/or NodeJS a plus
What you’ll do
- Think outside the box to create solutions both inside and outside of the product
- Develop front end UIs to streamline customer data entry, workflow, and visual presentation
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Write Python scripts to automate integration between Varicent and other systems
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (Up to 30%)