Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Product Designer - Role Description
This role is located in Toronto.
Varicent is the industry-leading sales performance management solution recognized by Gartner as a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management.
Founded in 2005 and having pioneered sales performance management, Varicent was named the fastest growing software company in North America by Deloitte’s Fast 50™ in 2010, was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business in January 2020. We are looking for a talented, driven individual to make an impact across our organization.
Our Design Team is looking for a Product Designer to help define and deliver a new product offering for the market. If you have the skills to deliver high-quality, user-centered designs quickly and iteratively in collaboration with product management and engineering, we'd love to hear from you!
Will be working 100% from home until further notice in compliance with provincial stay-at-home COVID-19 policies.
You bring to Varicent
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product or UX/UI Designer
- A portfolio of work in product design
- Understanding of platform patterns for responsive web and native mobile experiences
- Ability to ideate products from scratch and improve features with a user-centred design process
- Passion for your craft
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
What you’ll do
- Own projects, run workshops and deliver outcomes that exceed our customer’s metrics for success
- Contribute to the craft, critical thinking, problem-solving and the overall success of our design team
- Transform complex experiences into intuitive and accessible designs using user-validated processes
- Collaborate with other designers, researchers, engineers and product managers
- Advocate deep user empathy through design thinking activities
- Share and revise your designs based on customer engagements and feedback
- Work with the design team to provide feedback on their work and ensure the team is creating a cohesive and consistent design system
- Think in terms of design systems to make rational design decisions
- Demonstrate intermediate skills with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and execution of the team playbook