Careers at Varicent
Join our team of passionate, innovative and driven professionals for a fun and rewarding career at Varicent. Collaborate, develop and grow, make an impact.
Business Consultant - Canada
Varicent Software was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent Software delivers the only complete sales performance management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state of the art SaaS Technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On-Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for a Business Consultant to join our Professional Services team located in Vancouver or Toronto, Canada.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Benefits and perks:
- Bright, modern office environment (Toronto only)
- Relaxed, but hard-working culture
- Competitive pay
- Healthy snacks and fresh fruit
- Social and team-building events
Due to COVID-19, Varicent is currently working 100% from home until further notice.
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Varicent is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more information about Varicent, please visit our website at www.varicent.com
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related business discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in IT Consulting, Enterprise Software Implementation
- At least 2 years of experience implementing Sales Performance Management solutions
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Prior experience with Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Strong business communication skills (multilingual is a plus)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
What you’ll do
- Become an expert in designing, building, maintaining, and extending data models in Varicent
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate in order to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Design and build flexible and scalable compensation models using established proven practices
- Create elegant and accurate reports, workflows, and dashboards in Varicent
- Work with customers to develop overall testing plans, test cases and scripts
- Enable your customers to effectively use and maintain their Varicent solution
- Develop Extract/Transform/Load processes for data preparation
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer’s project manager and project resources
- Prescriptively guiding customers towards proven / recommended approaches to satisfying their business needs
- Sharing knowledge within practice, based on project experience and lessons learned
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as able based on COVID-19 accessibility